Office of Acquisition Management and Policy (OAMP)
Prompted by a recent update to the Department of Health and Human Services Acquisition Regulation (HHSAR) designed to standardize acquisition practices, the Office of Acquisition Management and Policy (OAMP) within the Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) commissioned LinkVisum to conduct an independent examination of HRSA’s acquisition organization and its processes. The goal of the study was to ensure HRSA excels as a high-performing organization by identifying and recommending a broad array of performance improvement activities within OAMP designed to support organizational development and enhance the acquisition process.
LinkVisum employed a holistic approach that incorporated organizational development and process improvement methodologies designed to allow OAMP to maximize the value of the resulting insights and recommendations. LinkVisum followed a people-centered process that extracted internal and external customer feedback reinforced by a data-driven, multi-year staff survey and contract portfolio analysis. The insights and recommendations were further supported by consultation with and comparative analysis of similar acquisition organizations. The study generated an organizational and acquisition process current state assessment, organizational development recommendations, process improvement recommendations, a best practices research report, and an internal and external training plan along with acquisition process training courses for internal and external participants.
- Improved efficiency, effectiveness, and consistency of the HRSA Acquisition Lifecycle
- Increased coordination and support between OAMP and HRSA project teams
- Clear understanding of the acquisition lifecyle and its requirements, policies, and procedures as well as distinct team roles and responsibilities
- Greater operational responsiveness to issues facing decision makers
- Improved morale and job satisfaction